6 October 2012

lazy lazy lazy is good!

Today I am being so lazy that the mosquitoes have been having a picnic as I rested.  Apparently my shoulders are delectable and that is with liberal squirts of the insect repellent!

*****

I have neglected this blog, and am way way behind with promised photos. But while these are fresh in my mind, come take a look at Bari, the port town in Apulia or Puglia, down in the heel of the boot.

The first two photos are of the Basilica di San Nicola, the church dedicated to St Nicholas, our "Father Christmas". If you read his history, the poor man was in bits and pieces all over the place.




The next two photos give a tiny glimpse of the Norman castle in Bari. We were lucky enough to be there on an open day and were able to stroll through looking at wonderful carvings and relics until our parking metre expired.


Today I am grateful for new friends in interesting places. 

1 comment:

Jackerd said...

I have such wonderful memories of San Nicola (Sinterklaas), children's best friend